Start-up visa program
The Netherlands is in the top 5 most competitive economies in the world. The Netherlands has a lot to offer foreign entrepreneurs and investors: infrastructure, ports, airports and more.
An ambitious start-up can obtain the required permit to start an innovative company in a year’s time in the Netherlands. The main condition is that they must be accompanied by a facilitator. If the conditions are met, the start-up and facilitator are supported in the process of growing into a successful company.
Conditions for start-up and facilitator
- Cooperation with recognised facilitator, see also http://english.rvo.nl/subsidies-programmes/residence-permit-foreign-start-ups/do-i-qualify/facilitator
- The product or service is innovative ;
- The start-up has a plan to grow from concept to company;
- The start-up and the facilitator are both registered with the Chamber of Commerce (KvK);
- The start-up has sufficient resources to live and flourish in the Netherlands.
The cooperation between the start-up and facilitator should be recorded in a signed agreement. The facilitator offers appropriate support, depending on the guidance that the start-up needs.
In Rotterdam, we work in conjunction with the following facilitator:
Conditions for the facilitator
- Experience in guiding start-ups;
- Company facilitator is in good health;
- The facilitator does not hold a majority interest in the company of the start-up;
- The facilitator may not be a family member of the start-up
The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland, RVO) assesses whether the facilitator fulfils the conditions.